Sunday, September 27, 2009

From Summer to Fall to Winter

So things have slowed down considerably. It's been a BUSY few months. The shoot is already a month old, but my return to the real world has been filled with plenty to do. At my CBC gig, we just orchestrated the best live show, in conjunction with Hockeyville. Organizing the morning show and national radio sports coverage was daunting but completely worth it. In addition to that, being a full-time dad. That was one thing I hated about being on the road. I hated being away from my newborn daughter. Now, I'm working on an article for "Spirit of the North," magazine.

I submitted an article in its inaugural edition. My Green Traveller adventures will not be featured til next Spring. In the meantime I've been wracking my brain about what I'll write about for the upcoming winter edition. Again I'm not green expert, but I thought a list of some fun "green" things to do this Winter sounded like a fun thing to do. Nonetheless, because I'm not an outdoor enthusiast, this has been a challenge.

Already I've written about ice fishing at Stuart Lake in Fort St. James (despite my laughable fishing ability), cross country skiing near Prince George, and taking in the parade of lights in Vanderhoof. I'm not sure what else I have in me, but will likely do something about Skiing at Shames and Powder King... perhaps a snowshoeing excursion in the peace region? Who knows.

Anyway, editing continues. Marc is still logging tape. I think the real editing will not start until November/December. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment