Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A java change for the better

I'm making a change for the better... I think.

Lets just call it an attempt at breaking a very bad habit. When I used to work at the CBC bureau in Prince George, I used to drink 2-3 cups of Tim Horton's coffee a day. We shared a building with the Canadian icon, and I love coffee. It was a terrible equation, that led to my increased appetite for java.

Anyway two years ago, we had an intern at the office where I worked in Prince George. Her name was Adrian Mrdeza. During that whole summer, she would accompany me to the Tim Horton's but would always bring her OWN mug, while I continued to get my coffee's to go. Although she attempted to get all of us to change our wasteful habits, I resisted.

Nowadays I live in Prince Rupert. I've reduced the amount of coffee I drink (about 1-2 cups now), but have continued to use paper cups. As the so-called Green Traveller, I see the error in my ways. I've decided I'm going to make a real effort in following Adrian's advice, and BMOM (Bring My Own Mug). It's a minor incovenience, in that I hate washing dishes, but it is for the better. At least I'll be saving the landfill from hundreds of paper cups and plastic lids.

PS Before I wrote this I had a coffee NOT using my to-go mug... so the mission staaaaaaarrrrrrrrrttttttssssssss......................................NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment