Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I LOVE fast food...


“We were taken to a fast food café where our order was fed into a computer. Our hamburgers, made from the flesh of chemically impregnated cattle, had been broiled over counterfeit charcoal, placed between slices of artificially flavored cardboard and served to us by recycled juvenile delinquents.” -- Jean Michel Chapereau


I should be a fat kid.
I'm not talking about being just a little overweight. For the kinds of food I love to stuff into my face, I should be a bonafide fatty. I'm no Adonis, mind you, but in all honesty I crave all the foods I'm not supposed to, and I should not be in the shape I'm in (which is in reality not good-shape... just not terrible shape)

Here is a list of my FAVORITE foods:

Wendy's Triple burgers
A&W Grandpa Burgers
Fatburger burgers
Mr. Mike burgers
Vera's burgers (a Vancouver fave')
Pizza Hut pizza
McDonald French Fries
Any kind of Boston Pizza pasta baked with extra cheese.
Garlic Cheese Toast
Butter Chicken
T-bone steaks
Extra sour cream - on anything
Hard shell tacos
Soft shell tacos
Milkshakes
Ice Cream
Hot Fudge Sundae's
Poutine

The list goes on and on... but it gets worse. Health food to me is Subway. Or all-you-can-eat sushi. I don't drink water. I love coca cola... and fruit drink (not juice). My biggest weakness? Ice cream and five-cent sour candies.

When it comes to eating, I am easily one of the worst role models going. I remember an old commercial campaign from the eighties that taught kids not to "drown" their foods. Back then, and even now I've drowned countless potatoes, veges, and rice in ketchup, ranch dressing, butter, and mayonnaise.

I remember watching the movie "Super Size Me." You know that flick where the guy goes on an all fast-food diet. I'm not kidding when I say, I was hungry the whole movie.

What's my point? Well, I've been trying to train myself so that I can be in the best shape possible for the Green Traveller. Sadly enough (not surprising), I've only dropped two pounds. I felt bad... at first. But its amazing what a bag of five-cent candies can do when life's got you on the ropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment