Thursday, June 18, 2009

Here we go... behind the scenes of a quirky idea yet to be realized

This blog, I've created to follow my progress as I become the Green Traveller. The idea is simply a travel TV program with a unique green twist. Carbon neutral travel to specific destinations with an attempt to showcase environmentally sustainable tourism in places around the world. The pilot will be shot entirely in B-C's northwest. I plan to start in Terrace. I'll than driftboat down the Skeena River, bike from Port Edward to Prince Rupert... embark on a sailboat adventure across the Hecate Straits into Gwaii Haanas park and then kayak from the northern portion into Skidegate, Queen Charlotte Islands. The final portion of the trek is a bike from Skidegate to North Beach, then on to Massett for a final feast.

Progress has been amazing. I've found an interested sailboat operator willing to take myself and my cameraman across. I have a driftboat operator read to go... a kayak group willing to work on the plan... and of course a reliable crew to help the shoot along the way.

So what are my obstacles? They're big ones. Well first, I had never kayaked before... so i've been taking lessons and learning on my own. I'm also in the worst shape of my life. I'm about 30 pounds overweight.

In addition to that, money will be tight. I'm looking for sponsorship, but am pretty much realizing this will cost me.

So is this deterring me? heck no... its going to be one heck of a summer

No comments:

Post a Comment