Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Not a lot of time tonight, so a short FUN update

My list of movies NOT to take in before the Green Traveller begins:




Alive: (although if Marc my cameraman needs to survive and I don't make it, he's allowed to only eat a single calf.)


Lost in La Mancha: A film about Don Quixote that falls prey to numerous issues, and never actually gets made. A documentary is made about its utter failure to actually be finished.


The Endurance (film or documentary): This one is based on a true story and documentary about a disastrous Antarctic expedition in 1914. The conditions suck, the boat gets crushed into splinters by heaving ice... a guy plunges into the Antarctic ocean while in his sleeping bag, and the crews trusty sled dogs become trusty rations... mmmmmmmm. They were not rescued for over a year.


The Perfect Storm (movie or book)
This one is absolutely obvious. I can't really swim to well, and although I have a tough stomach... huge swells and waves make Robert a scared kid.


Planes, Tranes and Automobiles:
GREAT MOVIE!!! But I put this on here, just in case I become the John Candy to Marc's (film guy's) Steve Martin. Hilarity i'm sure will ensue, but in this film Candy drives Martin crazy. Marc and I are sharing a tent... and I dread the idea of putting my hand between two pillows.


Castaway: because although being stranded on a deserted island with fresh fruit and sand beaches sounds cool. I'm a people person. I'd get lonely.

Into the Wild: One of my favorite soundtracks of all time. Basically, young guy heads north to Alaska. Lives in the woods... eats the wrong berries, and dies. Kudos to him though, he killed a moose in the movie, but couldn't prevent it from turning rancid. Pretty brutal. I add this on here, becaue well I don't know my berries, and being green I should look at what edibles are available. Screw it, i'll buy local produce.


No comments:

Post a Comment